Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk Volunteer Diver Program
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to commit to at least 5 days during holiday dive program.Dates are 11/26, 11/27, 11/28, 12/4, 12/5, 12/11, 12/12, 12/18, 12/19, 12/22, 12/23, ( possible 12/24), 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30, ( possible 12/31)
- Able to commit to a acclimation dive in the open ocean tank, dates to be determined.
- Time commitment 41/2 hrs per day assigned
- Act as a safety observer /dive assistant, not just diving in tank
- Minimum 25 logged dives
- Minimum certification: Advanced open water diver
- Signed liability waiver form
- CPR/ First Aid recommended not required.
- Must be willing to dive with large marine animals, including sharks
- Signed PADI medical release form
- Provide own equipment: mask, fins, buoyancy compensator, weights and regulator, weight belt, hood, boots, and gloves.
- Must pass a buoyancy check out dive
- Fill out a completed volunteer divers application & interview
- Background check
If you’re interested in applying to this program, please download, fill out, and return all the forms below, or give us a call (718-885-1588) to find out more!